On Thursday, Alex had all four of his wisdom teeth removed. As a result, my Vitamix blender has been getting quite the workout! I made:
- Raw Buckwheat Breakfast Porridge (The Oh She Glows Cookbook)
- Creamy Red Lentil Soup with Lemon Tahini Drizzle
- Vegan Mac & Cheese
- Chocolate Chia Pudding
- Classic Green Monster smoothie
- Cheerful Chocolate Smoothie (The Oh She Glows Cookbook)
I’d also whipped up a batch of almond butter since we’d finished the jar adding the nut butter to our porridge and smoothies.
So, in an effort to give my blender a rest, I turned to my juicer! And came up with this tasty concoction:
- 3 carrots, peeled
- 3 sticks celery
- 1 beet, small, peeled
- 1 cucumber, large
- 1 apple, peeled and halved
- 1/2 lemon, peeled
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 knob ginger
- Add to juicer in batches until everything has been juiced.
- Stir well to incorporate.
- Divide among two glasses and serve with ice (optional).