We looked like giants

This morning, after drying for over 24 hours, the slouchy beret I knitted on January 3rd was finally ready!

Slouchy Beret (red)

The cables are messed up because I am still very new to cables and knitting in the round.  (The stitches on my 4 double-pointed needles kept shifting.  I started off with 14 stitches on each needle but, soon, I had 20 stitches on one needle so all the others were messed up.  When I tried to fix it, I ended up losing the beginning of my round… so all the cables ended up shifting, too.)  However, I don’t mind!  I think it looks fine as it is.  I can only hope the recipient of the hat, my 10-year-old cousin, won’t mind (or notice!).

I’m still surprised that I was able to do this.  The hat went from looking like this:

Slouchy Beret (in progress)

…to this:

Slouchy Beret (finished)

Perhaps I am easily impressed… but I marvel at the ability to turn a skein of yarn (or half a skein, as the case may be) into a practical, stylish, wearable item.






Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *