Sweatpants drawstring, just being in the privacy of the washing machine does not make it okay to rape the other clothing. My underwear and socks do not appreciate being forced into a three-way with you. I do not appreciate having to rescue my underwear and socks from said three-way. And don’t get all pouty and retreat into the waistband of my sweatpants – it won’t change the fact that I am mad at you.
I’ve been a fan of Allie Brosh for years and I just listened to her on NPR’s Fresh Air. It inspired me to take a closer look at her blog so I went back to the beginning and I’m reading her blog from the start. This is just one of the gems I’ve uncovered. She is so incredibly talented and I’m grateful she’s chosen to share her humor (and, sometimes, pain) with the world instead of going on to save lives or discover new medicines.
There’s been a random meme going around called “25 Things,” where folks list 25 random things about themselves. I first saw it on Facebook but now it’s cropping up everywhere. So here it is, for your viewing (dis)pleasure:
- I was introduced to coffee when I was 7 years old. By my parents. (I’ve been drinking it ever since. I take it with half-and-half and no sugar.)
- As much as I enjoy my classes, I wish I could have my Master’s degree already so I can get my career off the ground. It’s paralyzing knowing that I can’t get hired anywhere until I finish this program.
- I’m a migraine sufferer. (It runs in the family.) My migraines come with visual auras. Some research suggests that migraines + auras = increased chance of strokes.
- Unfortunately, strokes also run in my family. Needless to say, I’m attempting to lead my life in a relatively stress-free fashion. However, my current lifestyle is contradictory this philosophy, as I am currently trying to hold down a part-time job and attend Master’s-level courses full-time.
- I’ve recently learned that there are reproductive problems in my family, too — myself included. (I was diagnosed with Kallmann syndrome when I was 18.) I may be infertile… and I think I’m OK with that. (But, then again, I am only 22.) Continue reading “25 Things”