Today was rainy and in the 40s (5-9°C) all day. I biked to work and wore:
- GORE BIKE WEAR Phantom So Lady Jacket
- Pearl iZUMi Transfer Long Sleeve Baselayer
- Pearl iZUMi Infinity Softshell Pants
- Pearl iZUMi Select Gel Cycling Gloves
- Cannondale Alpaca Cycling Socks
- Pearl iZUMi Cruise (sneakers)
I was lucky to not get caught in the rain on the way there or back so I didn’t get to test the waterproof-ness of the jacket or pants. But! I can tell you that the windproof-ness of both was fantastic. The only parts of me that were cold were the ones that weren’t covered: ears and hands. I should have worn my skullcap under my helmet (which would have covered my ears!) and I need a pair of full-fingered gloves that aren’t heavy winter gloves. The thin gloves I used to wear ripped at the seams… but they weren’t very wind-resistant even when they were intact so I have mixed feelings about getting another pair.